website wishes was Re: Killing old/slow groups

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald@alvestrand.no
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:42:03 +0100

--On mandag, desember 09, 2002 10:12:37 -0500 Edward Lewis
<edlewis@arin.net> wrote:

> At 15:52 +0100 12/9/02, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>> I'd recommend this URL:
>>
>> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/wgchairs.html
>
> Helpful, but there's no link to this from http://www.ietf.org/IESG/. In
> my limited searching, I can't find a set of hyperlinks from
> http://www.ietf.org to the page mentioned.  (Please prove me wrong!)

Front page (http://www.ietf.org/), bottom of right hand column.
I had to ask for it three days ago, and got it pointed out to me :-(

> On http://www.ietf.org/iesg.html, there's a link called "IETF Working
> Group Guidelines and Procedures" which goes to rfc 2418's contents. (Note
> the similarity in the two URLs - IESG vs. iesg.html.)
>
> In my holiday stocking I'd also like a summary of the secretariate's mail
> aliases and what they are for, and a site search (ietf.org only), and a
> pony. ;)

your wish is my command.....

http://www.ietf.org/secretariat.html summarizes a lot of mail aliases
(linked from the word "secretariat" at the bottom of the front page).

site searches are better done by Google - I think "site:www.ietf.org" gives
a reasonable search.

For a pony, I think you have to go to www.santaclaus.org :-)