Longer or more meetings?

Marshall Rose mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 18:48:51 -0800

> It wouldn't have taken much longer to get it right, but they
> would have had to get outside help from someone who understood
> crypto. The source of the problem is that they did not do so.

eric - the problem is that i think this is speculation on your part.

we certainly agree (and randy too!) that the would be a better place if wifi had
good security (although again, i note that no one seems willing to define this),
but there is simply no evidence to suggest that in this case taking more time
would have resulted in it coming out right.

wifi didn't just appear out of the ether one day. it took a couple of years. if
the security folks didn't stop by, for one reason or another, i don't see why we
should assume that if the wifi folks would have taken longer to produce their
spec, that it would have been better...

/mtr