Longer or more meetings?

john.loughney@nokia.com john.loughney@nokia.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:55:29 +0200

Hi John,

> Suggestion: Insist that WGs conduct interim meetings so they=20
> could face off in day-sized units, not slots of an hour or two=20
> duration.  At area option, cluster these interim meetings into=20
> several-day sequences, with overlaps and sequences to be=20
> determined by the ADs.  Cut full IETF meetings back to once a=20
> year, and focus their schedule around interactions,=20
> cross-fertilization, and cross-checking within and between areas=20
> and on issues of IETF-wide importance.

One possible half-way point is to try to schedule cluster-interims,
or co-interims, so that folks interested in several WGs that=20
are somehow related, could have an easier time to co-ordindinate
work.  I know this has been done in the past to some extent,
such as SIPxxx WGs and IPv6/NGTrans.  Expanding this might be
very useful.

thanks,
John