Is this really where we want to go? (was: Re: Selecting leadership, take 2)

Dave Crocker dcrocker@brandenburg.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:22:58 -0800

John, et al,

John> Forget the "big problem", "big picture", and general surveys of
John> what is wrong with the IETF and stop feeding whatever lives at
John> the bottom of the rathole.  Assume that the current general
John> structure/ framework is good enough and that what we need to do,
John> at most, is some tuning, not a "blow it up and start over"

The cliche I keep making, about how you and I often agree on the analysis and
then disagree on the solution path, is the reason I did not respond directly
to your earlier posting.

And it is what makes your latest posting particularly notable, to me at
least.  It really is more fun agreeing with both your analysis AND your
suggestion...

Thanks!

d/
--