Draft of a job posting for process leadership

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald@alvestrand.no
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 20:24:35 +0100

--On fredag, desember 06, 2002 10:47:35 -0800 Aaron Falk <falk@isi.edu>
wrote:

> Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>

>> Among the criteria that we think are important for the person we need
>> for  this task are:
>>
>> - Knowledge of the IETF community
>> - Independent of any particular IETF group
>
> Not sure what this means.  working group?  I* group?  What kind of
> independance are you looking for?  I hope you don't mean "not a
> participant in any IETF working group."

what I was hoping to convey was that the person should be able to come to
the job without being wedded to a particular solution set (either minor
fixes to the status quo or radical changes of a specific kind).

but it didn't convey that, so I dropped it.

>> The AD will attempt to verify with the suggested persons that they are
>> willing to do the task, and will discuss the list of candidates with the
>> IESG and the nomcom.
>
> AD?  Do you mean "IETF Chair"?

General AD, which is the same person.