request for review: text/mizar

Paul Libbrecht paul at hoplahup.net
Fri Jul 1 14:52:25 CEST 2011

Le 1 juil. 2011 à 14:07, Jesse Alama a écrit :
>> - I think the change controller should be the association of Mizar
>> users', as an institution with an address, and not the  name of a
>> person; an email can complement it for sure!
>
> This wasn't clear to me when I was filling out the form at
>
>  http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl
> Item 13 in the form says
>  "Person to contact for further information"
> with a link to RFC 4288, section 4.9.  The Association of Mizar Users is definitely the best entity to put here.  It is in charge of maintaining the mizar language and its suite of tools, and has, moreover, an email address (which is what I actually included when I filled out the form).  I named Adam Naumowicz, a long-time member of the Association of Mizar Users and one of the core developers of Mizar, only because I was literally interpreting the request of the form.  In fact, when I came to this part of the form, I was puzzled, so I asked Adam which of the core developers of Mizar (i.e., which person) would be suitable, he named a few candidates (he listed himself), so I put him down.

I see a "nesting" here for section 13 but that seems to be interpretation.
In all W3C templates, change controller and author do not need to be equal and I think we converge to say the asme here.
[...]
>> - 8bit... is there a charset there?
>
> I'm not sure I understand; can you say more?  Valid mizar texts, these days, are pure ASCII, but they weren't always so and there's no guarantee that they will always be so.  I put down 8-bit just to be on the safe side.  Perhaps I'm getting something wrong here; let me know.

If you say ASCII then I would suggest to keep ascii.
Is the CRLF requirement also a requirement?

I wish others comment here.

The reason I asked about charset is that the media-type parameter charset is the cause of numerous communication around here, especially in the xml world, i'd just like to avoid any error here if possible.

>> - can the specification be indicated with a publicly accessible URL?
>
> One candidate might be
>
>  http://www.mizar.org/language/
> which gives some information about the language.  Adam, do you have a better suggestion here?

Such things as ASCII is not there.... this specifies the vocabulary not really the file format.
thanks

paul