Registration of media type text/vcard

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Wed Aug 25 17:58:09 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-25 11:48, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> What is the advantage of having a charset parameter?

You mean for vCard 4 or for MIME?

For vCard 4, we felt that MIME came with a charset parameter and we had
no power to way "this parameter MUST NOT not be applied to vCard 4".
That's why we say instead that if it is used, then it MUST say UTF-8.

> From your registration the parameter brings no information (am I
> right?). So why include it and not simply rely on the Byte-Order-Mark?

vCard 4 does not use a BOM. vCard 4 is always UTF-8, period.

We do not wish to "include" the charset parameter. If it is possible to
"exclude" it, that would make us happy.

Simon
--
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca