application/pkcs10

Sean Turner turners at ieca.com
Mon Apr 12 14:48:36 CEST 2010

Here's the actual template:

   The media type for a PKCS#10 certification request is
    application/pkcs10.

      Type name: application

      Subtype name: pkcs10

      Required parameters: None

      Optional parameters: None

      Encoding considerations:

       This media type carries binary content and needs proper encoding
       for non-8bit clear transports; See Section 2.

      Security considerations:

       Clients use a certification request to request that a
       Certification Authority certify a public key.  The certification
       request is digitally signed.

      Interoperability considerations: See Section 2.

      Published specification: RFC 2986

      Applications which use this media type:

       The content type is used with MIME-compliant transport to
       transfer PKCS#10 certification requests [RFC2986].

      Additional information:

        Magic number(s): None
        File extension(s): .p10
        Macintosh File Type Code(s):

      Person & email address to contact for further information:
        Sean Turner
        turners at ieca.com

      Restrictions on usage: none

      Author: