Vendor-specific MIME type for review

Tapani Otala otala at adobe.com
Fri Apr 9 03:47:45 CEST 2010

Hi Mike,

Mainly it was because there did not appear to be any precedent of vendor-specific multipart types.

These composite assets are intended to represent a single logical asset comprised of multiple assets. An example of such an asset would be the Photoshop Elements file format "PSE", which is a single file that contains multiple assets much like a ZIP file that in turn is registered under application/zip rather than multipart/zip.

Cheers,

Tapani Otala