proposed media type: application/exi

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Fri Oct 17 09:01:26 CEST 2008

Hello Carine,

At 05:55 08/10/17, Carine Bournez wrote:
>Hi Martin,
>
>On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:28:51AM +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:
>> At the moment, just a questions:
>>
>> Given that there are many types of the form application/foo+xml,
>> will we see proposals for application/foo+exi in the future?
>
>The Working Group has evaluated the various solutions for
>content type management, including a +exi suffix mechanism.
>We feel that whenever possible the original media type (e.g.
>image/svg+xml, application/rdf+xml...) should be used along
>with a content-coding indicating the EXI encoding.

If that's the case, then it should be mentioned in the registration
under Additional information.

Also, the content-coding label that you mention should be registered
where appropriate (if e.g. HTTP doesn't have a mechanism for
registration, then they should create one), and that fact
mentioned at http://www.w3.org/TR/exi/#mediaTypeRegistration.

Regards,     Martin.

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp