Review for media types: application/ibe-pp-data, application/ibe-key-request+xml, and application/ibe-pkg-reply+xml

Luther Martin martin at voltage.com
Fri Oct 3 20:03:47 CEST 2008

I guess that I just don't understand your concern about the differences.

The contents of a application/pkcs10 message are a public key and an identity.

In the case of IBE, the public key is the identity, so the content of the proposed application/ibe-key-request is really just a subset of what's encoded with application/pkcs10. (It's not-self signed, etc., but that's really a minor difference.)

What's the fundamental difference between these two that warrants greatly different processing?