Request for review update of media types audio/3gpp and video/3gpp

Magnus Westerlund magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com
Thu Mar 29 11:56:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

There has been some minor updates to the media type definition. The
security consideration section has been updated and some other smaller
wording changes. We now believe this to be ready to replace RFC 3839.
Unless there are comments on this before 13th of April we will request
that IESG approve this registration update.

Full text in Word:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/Specs_update_after_SA35/26244-710.zip

Only media type template in PDF:
www.denstore.se/IETF/media-types-26244-710.pdf

Cheers

Magnus

Magnus Westerlund skrev:
> Hi,
>
> The two media types audio/3gpp and video/3gpp was defined in RFC 3839:
> ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3839.txt
>
> With the publication of the codecs parameters in RFC 4281
> (ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4281.txt) these two media types
> should be updated to include this parameter. This 3GPP defined file
> format has also got a few more features, one include the capability of
> embedding other binary objects to be used in scene presentations created
> by SMIL or SVG to achieve self contained units. Due to this the RFC
> authors and 3GPP document editor has also proposed to add another
> parameter similar to codecs that identifies the type of binary objects
> embedded in the file.
>
> When performing this update it is also intended to move the Media Type
> definitions from the RFC into the file format specification document in
> 3GPP. The current file format specification is 3GPP TS 26.244:
> http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/26_series/26.244/26244-700.zip
>
> So please review the following document containing the proposed Media
> Types.
> http://www.denstore.se/IETF/3GP-mime-reg.pdf
>
> We appreciate comments by Monday the 8th of January.
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus Westerlund
>
> IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
> Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
> Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
> Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
> S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com