Media type review requested for audio/vorbis and audio/vorbis-config

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 16:40:13 CEST 2007

* Colin Perkins wrote:
>The AVT working group requests media type review of the audio/vorbis
>and audio/vorbis-config media types, defined in section 6 of draft-
>ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-05.txt. This draft is currently in working group
>last call, and we would appreciate comments by 25th June 2007.

It seems a very bad idea to me to take the "audio/vorbis" identifier but
define the type only for RTP and require specification of parameters un-
likely to be specified with other transports, specifically as the x-type
audio/x-vorbis is already in use http://validator.annodex.org/about.html

Could you comment on the possibility to define the type in a manner that
would make it suitable for other transports, HTTP in particular, or on
using a different type, like audio/rtp-vorbis, for the RTP-specific one?