Preliminary Community Review: text/json

Steve Dorner sdorner at qualcomm.com
Fri Feb 10 00:51:03 CET 2006

The test for "text" is supposed to be whether or not it is
appropriate to display the data for a user to read directly.

I can't quite tell from the submission whether that's intended or
not.  Things that make me wonder are the insistence on unicode and
the fact that it seems like primarily a data format.

Is it practical to consume this stuff raw?  If so, it can be text if
you want.  Is it really only useful if you feed it to something else?
Then it should probably be application.
--
I know I'm doing something right when my business practices gag a
rat. -- Scott Adams