Transport Area requests new/additional Media Type review fortext/red

Martin Duerst duerst at w3.org
Wed Mar 23 23:35:26 CET 2005

This is a general comment, but applies here, too.

It would be extremely useful if the MIME type registration contained
some indication of what the subtype name (in this case "red") stands
for. Even in the full draft I didn't find this. In the specific case
at hand, it may be better to choose a more descriptive name
(my guess is that "red" is supposed to stand for "redundant").

Also, the draft at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-text-red-05.txt
has serious formatting problems (undecoded quoted printable garbage).

Regards,    Martin.