Media Type "text/csv", new draft (-01)

Yakov Shafranovich YakovS at solidmatrix.com
Thu Feb 17 20:40:06 CET 2005

I spend some time working in a new draft for this MIME type taking into
accounts comments from this list and others. In particular:
1. I removed the "text/comma-separated-values" type and only left one
MIME type "text/csv".
2. I changed the definitions to follow the CRLF convention for the
"text" type for linebreaks.
3. Significant changes in ABNF grammar with a lot of help from Dave Crocker.
4. The CSV format has been moved to the normative part of the document.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions on the new draft. Until it
posts into the IETF repository, it can be found here:

http://www.shaftek.org/publications/drafts/mime-csv/draft-shafranovich-mime-csv-01.txt
http://www.shaftek.org/publications/drafts/mime-csv/draft-shafranovich-mime-csv-01.html

An HTML list of changes is here:

http://www.shaftek.org/publications/drafts/mime-csv/rfcdiff-00-to-01.html