Pre review of 3GPP MIME type for RTP payload format

ned.freed at mrochek.com ned.freed at mrochek.com
Thu Oct 28 17:40:59 CEST 2004

> U have a question about the usage of "." in the subtype name. Is this
> usage okay,

Not unless there's a specification for an rtp facet I'm unaware of.

> as it can/should be interpret as belonging to a tree named RTP?

Exactly. The first dot in a media type name serves as a separator between the
facet name and the remainder of the type name. At one point I specified an std.
facet so that names could be registered in the standards tree with dots
in them, but everyone else pretty much hated the notion so I dropped it.

				Ned