Registration of media type text/3gpp-tt

Rey Jose Rey at panasonic.de
Fri Oct 8 12:17:04 CEST 2004

--snip--
> > However, reading the attached email from Colin, I
> understand that this
> > review is 'required' for WGLC.  This means that whether
> this review is
> > "no comments" or there are in fact comments, I (we) have to know in
> > order to progress the document.   Specially this part (original
> > attached):
> >
> > "In future, as new RTP payload formats are developed, we
> will require
> > expert review of the media type registration as part of the working
> > group last call process. Please contact the chairs for
> guidance on the
> > procedure for this review, when you believe your draft is ready for
> > working group last call. We will not forward drafts to the IESG for
> > publication **unless they have received such review.**"
>
> This is an AVT policy, to avoid last minute confusion and
> problems such as we had with the RTP payload format for text
> conversation; it's not a wider IETF requirement. If no
> comments result after a reasonable time period, so be it.

Oops! my mistake, I really had "AVT" written while drafting the email, must have deleted it...

I understand that these rules are restricted to AVT, but from your email it is not clear that no response from the IETF-TYPES after a "reasonable time period" (whatever that is, probably >= 2 weeks) is also fine for proceeding with WGLC.

Anyhow, Martin Duerst did have a comment which I answered.   So I'll wait for that to be solved.

José