Registration of media type text/3gpp-tt

Rey Jose Rey at panasonic.de
Fri Oct 8 10:24:17 CEST 2004

Hi

Thanks for the answer.

Text is encoded using UTF-8 or UTF-16.  But there is not only text in the payload; there is also modifiers, which are binary.  Modifiers are information pieces that allow, e.g., to make karaoke.  As I understand from draft-freed-media-type-reg-01 the "Encoding Considerations"section only takes a value.  In this case I think "binary" is appropriate since both UTF-8/-16s strings and the binary modifiers are mixed in the payload.  I don't think it is needed to explain this again in the registration since a client accepting this media type already knows this.

Looking forward to your comments,

Jose