[Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hall-mime-app-mbox-00.txt]

Steve Dorner sdorner at qualcomm.com
Mon May 3 23:32:50 CEST 2004

At 4:24 PM -0500 5/3/04, Eric A. Hall wrote:
>In the meantime, take a look at ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/ ...
>The whole world (including the IETF) is already using mbox as the default
>interchange format and its becoming more common.

"The whole world" is maybe a stretch (my MTA converts them to
multipart/digest when sending), but certainly a widespread practice
begs to be documented.

>I want them to be binary so that the EOL conversion does not occur. The
>problems start when conversion occurs.

I'm unconvinced that they're not used with local line conventions on
some platforms.  I happen to work on a product that does just that,
though if I were the only one, I wouldn't worry about it much.