[Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hall-mime-app-mbox-00.txt]

Steve Dorner sdorner at qualcomm.com
Mon May 3 23:12:15 CEST 2004

At 3:58 PM -0500 5/3/04, Eric A. Hall wrote:
>As per RFC2048, I'm planning to propose an application/mbox media-type.

Hmmmmm.  We already have a type for a collection of messages
(multipart/digest).  Absent argument to the contrary, I'd rather
encourage the use of that than to register one particular local form.

I'm also a little concerned about the EOL issue you allude to.  I
assume you mean to register these as LF delimitted, which will make
them binary files, and perhaps more problematic for many users to
deal with.