please review 'application/pdf'

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Fri Oct 24 19:25:46 CEST 2003

Chris Lilley <chris at w3.org> writes:

> On Friday, October 24, 2003, 5:17:25 PM, Simon wrote:
>
> SJ> Chris Lilley <chris at w3.org> writes:
>
>>> For a related, example, see the 'Copyright' keyword in the PNG
>>> specification.
>
> SJ> I cannot find any text that is similar to the above in RFC 2083.
> SJ> Could you provide a more detailed pointer?
>
> 4.2.7. tEXt Textual data
>
> Any number of tEXt chunks can appear, and more than one with
> the same keyword is permissible.
>
> The keyword indicates the type of information represented by the text
> string. The following keywords are predefined and should be used where
> appropriate:
>
> Title            Short (one line) title or caption for image
> Author           Name of image's creator
> Description      Description of image (possibly long)
> Copyright        Copyright notice
> [... ]

That is what I found as well.  So, how about replacing

    o Accessing the document in ways not permitted by the document's
      access permissions is a violation of the document author's
      copyright.

with

    o The document's access permissions can contain copyright notices
      or licensing information.

or similar text, that lack the legal connotations in the original
version?

Thanks,
Simon