Please review application/shf+xml

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Fri Oct 24 16:26:31 CEST 2003

On Friday, October 24, 2003, 11:44:30 AM, MURATA wrote:

MM> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:22:46 +0200
MM> Chris Lilley <chris at w3.org> wrote:

>> For example, using my suggested wording whereby the registration for
>> application/shf+xml references what RFC 3023 says to do.

MM> I do not think so, because the proposed I-D does not say

MM> 	Same as [charset parameter/ encoding considerations] of
MM> 	application/xml as specified in RFC 3023

MM> which is what RFC 3023 says to do.

My suggested wording, which was only suggested a few days ago on this
list so might not be in the latest ID was

"There is no charset parameter. Character handling has identical
semantics to the case where the charset parameter of the
"application/xml" media type is omitted, as described in [RFC3023]."

The intent seems identical to what you suggest. What am I missing
here?

 Chris                            mailto:chris at w3.org