Please review application/shf+xml

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Fri Oct 24 03:22:46 CEST 2003

On Friday, October 24, 2003, 2:59:58 AM, MURATA wrote:

MM> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:39:17 +0200
MM> Chris Lilley <chris at w3.org> wrote:

>> If your applications are tested with multiple charsets, and you can
>> demonstrate that your applications interoperably:

MM> Chris can certainly argue against RFC 3023 and try to improve it.

Well, I could.

Instead, though, I prefer to suggest wording that directly and
normatively references RFC 3023 since that is the current
specification.

MM> However, I do not think that Linus would like to wait for the
MM> conclusion of that debate.

I don't recall suggesting anyone wait for anything.

MM>  Apparently, application/shf+xml and RFC 3023 should be in sync,

For example, using my suggested wording whereby the registration for
application/shf+xml references what RFC 3023 says to do.

MM> By the way, if we drop the charset from RFC 3023, some SOAP
MM> implementations will break.

Perhaps you could indicate where I suggested altering the SOAP
specification?

MM> Linus wrote:
>> > If, on the other hand, (...)
>> > then I urge you to *not* add a charset parameter but instead, to add
>> > the sentence:
>>
>> Your previous statements on this issue have not gone unnoticed, so that's
>> how I do it. Thanks, Chris.

MM> I do not think that this is a good action.

However, you fail to articulate a reason for this.

 Chris                            mailto:chris at w3.org