Please review application/shf+xml

MURATA Makoto murata at hokkaido.email.ne.jp
Fri Oct 24 02:59:58 CEST 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:39:17 +0200
Chris Lilley <chris at w3.org> wrote:

> If your applications are tested with multiple charsets, and you can
> demonstrate that your applications interoperably:

Chris can certainly argue against RFC 3023 and try to improve it.  However,
I do not think that Linus would like to wait for the conclusion of that
debate.  Apparently, application/shf+xml and RFC 3023 should be in sync,
By the way, if we drop the charset from RFC 3023, some SOAP implementations
will break.

Linus wrote:
> > If, on the other hand, (...)
> > then I urge you to *not* add a charset parameter but instead, to add
> > the sentence:
>
> Your previous statements on this issue have not gone unnoticed, so that's
> how I do it. Thanks, Chris.

I do not think that this is a good action.

Cheers,

Makoto

--
MURATA Makoto <murata at hokkaido.email.ne.jp>