Internet draft for sbml+xml media type

Ben Kovitz bkovitz at caltech.edu
Tue Oct 14 23:52:44 CEST 2003

Off-list, Ben Morrow pointed out that I had misread RFC 3023:
when I mentioned us-ascii as the default encoding, I was reading
the section on text/xml, not application/xml.

With application/xml, UTF-8 is already the default.  So, since
SBML is defined to use UTF-8, everything fits together nicely if
we just disallow the charset parameter.

I will update the Internet-Draft so it refers to section 3.2
(ahem, not 3.1) of RFC 3023 and uses the text that Chris Lilley
suggested.  That will be draft-sbml-media-type-02.txt, hopefully
on the IETF server tomorrow.

Ben Kovitz
Caltech
bkovitz at caltech.edu