please review: application/smil MIME type registration

Martin Duerst duerst at w3.org
Fri Apr 5 07:42:45 CEST 2002

Hello Philipp,

I had a very quick look at this. I have only one very small
suggestion:

In things like:

3.  Registration Information

    To: ietf-types at iana.org
    Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/smil

    MIME media type name: application

    MIME subtype name: smil

    Required parameters: none

    Optional parameters:

    charset

    All of the considerations described in RFC3023 also apply to the SMIL
    media type.

    profile

    See Section 5 of this document.

    Encoding considerations:

    All of the considerations described in RFC3023 also apply to the SMIL
    media type.

I would prefer to change the formatting, so that the structure is
clearer. E.g.:

3.  Registration Information

    To: ietf-types at iana.org

    MIME media type name: application

    MIME subtype name: smil

    Required parameters: none

    Optional parameters:

      charset

        All of the considerations described in RFC3023 also apply to the
        SMIL media type.

      profile

        See Section 5 of this document.

    Encoding considerations:

      All of the considerations described in RFC3023 also apply to the
      SMIL media type.

Regards,    Martin.