Need decisions on proposed new and updated subtags

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 22:00:51 CET 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 5:24 PM Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>
wrote:

> We don’t need a dynamic system because mixing any random one of 7847 ISO
> 639 language codes with any other just isn’t something that is productive
> enough to need a generative system for.

Where students of language A are learning language B, text in mixed A-B is
going to be produced. It seems at least as productive as language +
country; I would bet there's not been 7847 of those combinations seriously
used, nor more than a couple dozen languages used productively with various
countries.