"Fransin" simplified orthography for French

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Feb 13 15:55:04 CET 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 09:48:28AM -0500,
 John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org> wrote
 a message of 57 lines which said:

> One scheme for English spelling reform involves eliminating the
> written distinction between "those" and "doze".  It was no surprise
> to me to find out that the inventor is a native New Yorker in his
> 60s or older, a group which does not make this distinction.

Indeed, I've read a few discussions about "fransin" and one of the
most common objections is that it claims to be based on pronunciation
but does not take into account the fact that the pronunciation is not
the same in Marseille, Bruxelles, Kinshasa or Algiers.