Spanglish

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Feb 9 19:31:39 CET 2017

On 8 Feb 2017, at 20:29, Doug Ewell <doug at ewellic.org> wrote:

> Reminder: We still need a decision on 'spanglis’.

I approve it.

Whatever scenario for language mixing has been proposed to the CLDR is not, I think, descriptive of contact dialects used for literary purposes, as has been demonstrated adequately for Spanglish. I don’t know what kind of “locale mixing” has been proposed for them to want their solution. Maybe it’s something as unremarkable as “Khakas language user who uses Russian-language software”. Who knows?

Anyway, “spanglis” is good to go.

Michael Everson