Malayalam: ml-puthiya, ml-pazhaya

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Oct 7 19:10:58 CEST 2016

It seems to me that this orthography reform is similar to the
distinction between Simplified and Traditional Chinese: both initiated
by a government action, as opposed to developing naturally over time,
and both adopted in varying degrees depending on context.

Is it possible to find a reference that shows old-style and new-style
usage in parallel, with some sort of indication of where the differences
lie (arrows, highlighting, etc.)? I don't think it would have been
possible initially to distinguish "Simplified Chinese" from "Traditional
Chinese" without similar references.

For those of us who don't read Malayalam, it would help greatly to have
a document that permits content to be copied, so it can be pasted into a
translation tool. The PDF referenced by Cibu is severely restricted in
this regard.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org