Proposed record for 'fonnapa'

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Jun 9 23:33:09 CEST 2016

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> Noting for the record that this is proposed as a "generic" variant
> subtag. Not everyone loves that mechanism, but it seems to have worked
> well for phonetic-notation variants.

It pretty much has to be.  It's used for hundreds of languages in North
America, and variants of it (so saith Wikipedia) for Slavic, Indic, Semitic,
Caucasian, and some Uralic languages, plus Proto-Indo-European.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
We are lost, lost.  No name, no business, no Precious, nothing.  Only empty.
Only hungry: yes, we are hungry.  A few little fishes, nassty bony little
fishes, for a poor creature, and they say death.  So wise they are; so just,
so very just.  --Gollum