FYI: ISO 639-5 reconfirmation ballot

Anthony Aristar anthony at aristar.org
Fri Jul 15 17:51:39 CEST 2016

Well, I don't have a vote;  but in my humble belief, 639-5 is something that should be completely rethought. It confuses people (why use alpha-3 codes which look identical to language codes?).  And it is nowhere near complete enough to be useful. I know archives which use the LINGUIST set of alpha-4 codes for these very reasons.

Anthony Aristar