Ethnologue data now limited until you pay

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 6 00:45:42 CET 2016

I'm a little confused by the discussion.  Presumably the list of tags is available, so mostly this is the additional information, which I imagine it must cost them a bit to collect and maintain (I've been in jobs where we did that sort of thing, and it takes man hours).

Kinda of a bummer, but if that's what they need to do to make their business model work, it seems sensible.  Really nice that they're still allowing casual lookup.

-Shawn