request for subtag for Elfdalian

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Feb 29 13:28:03 CET 2016

On 29 Feb 2016, at 02:13, Mats Blakstad <mats.gbproject at gmail.com> wrote:

> So who will write that appeal?

You will, with some help from me, and hopefully from John and Mark and Doug and Peter. And anyone else on this list who wants to help.

I have already written some argument, but as I say, we need to test this situation. Our standard should supplement the ISO standard, but where the RA has made an obvious mistake, they need to be told that their choice is going to cause problems if we go ahead and assign a code which they will certainly approve later anyway.

> And could someone please explain more about "the ramifications it could have on data”?

Data tagged with our subtag now will have that tag deprecated later. This is not a good idea.