request for subtag for Elfdalian

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at telia.com
Sun Feb 28 22:06:21 CET 2016

Doug Ewell wrote:
> "Älvdalian," the Swedish name, is either unnecessary or inappropriate
> for the reason you gave.

Firstly, the Swedish name is "älvdalska". Secondly, I have ***NEVER***
(until you two now) heard/seen anyone claim that "älvdalska" would
be in any way derogatory or otherwise inappropriate. So please do not
imply that.

I would guess that actually, the most commonly used name for this
language is "älvdalska", even in Älvdalen. (This list excepted.)

/Kent K