Script subtags

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Feb 9 18:43:44 CET 2016

Mark Davis wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:00 PM, Shawn Steele
> <Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> There’s a 2 week review period but there’s typically not a huge
>> amount of urgency and it seems to take longer…
>
> You mean that IANA has itself a 2 week period, in addition to the 2
> week period that BCP47 imposes?

No. After our 2-week review period (which IANA neither sees nor would
care about), Michael submits the requests to IANA, but as they are
seldom accompanied by an "*URGENT*" message, it usually takes IANA
anywhere from 3 to 10 days to post the new Registry. One of us usually
pings them if it takes longer than about a week.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸