Hmong orthographies

Martin J. Dürst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Dec 29 06:37:35 CET 2016

On 2016/12/29 11:27, Doug Ewell wrote:
> In that case, I recommend leaving the script subtag out of the Prefix,
> so users aren't led to believe (rightly or wrongly) they need to include
> this redundant subtag just to be compliant.

For the form, that's probably the right thing to do. In practice, it may
depend on how important the variants are when compared to the script.

If in general, people (e.g. for searches) care mostly about whether
something is written in Latin or Pahawh Hmong, and the variant is only
icing on the cake, then using tags like mww-Hmng-pahawh2 is advisable,
because such documents will be found with searches for mww-Hmng. If on
the other hand, the variants are what counts (e.g. if there are people
who can read one of the variants but would be baffled by another) then
the script can be easily left out.

Regards,   Martin.