Proposals for Bengali and Odia

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Dec 7 18:10:02 CET 2016

Michael Everson wrote:

> Your proposals are fine. Those descriptions are being added to ISO
> 15924.

But not the description for the Bengali *language*, which is outside the
purview of ISO 15924.

Are you saying my proposals are approved as is, or that the script
proposals should be withdrawn because the 15924 descriptions will be
changed and hence I need to modify them to identify that as the reason
for change?

The language subtag proposal is unrelated to 15924 actions. I'm hesitant
to wait for ISO 639-3 to add "Bangla" as an additional name.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org