Fire the programmer (was: Re: Appeal to ISO 639 RA in support of Elfdalian)

Luc Pardon lucp at skopos.be
Thu Apr 28 11:46:51 CEST 2016

On 28-04-16 03:08, Peter Constable wrote:
> A "fire the programmer / QA engineer / etc." remark might be
appropriate in some specific situations, but as a generalization seems
not at all to take real world situations into consideration.

   Of course not. But as a one-liner, it helps drive home the point
that, if an application breaks when we introduce a 5-letter subtag, the
blame is with the application.

   In fact, I was afraid that my comment might lead some to say "See, we
can't do 5-letter subtags, there are jobs at stake". You and Shawn have
shown that it's not bad as that...

  Luc