Another attempt at plain language

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 18:19:06 CEST 2015

Every language in ISO 639-1 I could produce a sample of text that every one
would agree was that language. It's hard to imagine a chunk of text that
most we agree is en-plain. Is this en-plain? I did not intend it to be so.

On 8:49am, Sun, Sep 13, 2015 Mark Davis ☕

wrote

Of the many thousands of languages that are encodeable with BCP47, almost
none of them have a "precise definition". It is not productive to disallow
a reasonably clear variant because it doesn't meet a standard *also not met
by essentially any of the primary language subtags.*