Language Subtag Registration -- "wpsimple"

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Fri Oct 30 18:07:18 CET 2015

I think the opposite. We don't fully specify what "de" means when coming
from any of thousands of sources, yet is it quite useful. Overspecification
makes the system *less* useful rather than *more* useful.

de-simple would be perfectly meaningful, and mark some simplified version
of de. Anyone with a website that needs two versions, ordinary and simple,
could use that.

IF it became necessary to have further qualifications, those could be added:

de-simple-din666
or
de-simple-wikiped

The advantage of this system is that a consumer of the tag can use the
standard progressive truncation and get something that is more likely to be
useful for the user.

I agree with Michael that this is a common enough need to have a
standardized tag. A private use tag for a common need just makes everyone's
lives more complicated.

Mark