Subtag registration: Russian transliteration of Chinese

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Oct 19 19:21:15 CEST 2015

If we are still talking about Yegor Grebnev's original request:

> Russian transliteration of Chinese [...] commonly referred to as the
> "Palladius system"

then I think we should be looking at some variant of:

zh-Cyrl-t-zh-hani-pallad

instead of a tag that would imply that the resulting content is now in
the Russian language.

If we are talking abstractly about transliterating Cyrillic-script text,
language unknown, into the Latin script, that is a different matter.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸