Language Subtag Registration

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Oct 15 16:55:00 CEST 2015

I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

With the release of CLDR 28, it should now be possible to write
"en-CA-u-sd-canl" to mean "English as used in Newfoundland," with no
additional registrations required.

'canl' refers to the entire province of Newfoundland and Labrador, so if
the intent is to capture a variety spoken on the island of Newfoundland
but not generally on the mainland, this may or may not work. my guess is
that this would be good enough, unless there were also a distinct
"Labrador English" variety.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸