Pending requests

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at telia.com
Fri Nov 27 00:42:55 CET 2015

Den 2015-11-26 23:32, skrev "Shawn Steele" <Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com>:

> I'd prefer the en-simple meaning a generic simplified English. Wikipedia could
> choose their variant, Voice of America could choose another.  It's unlikely
> that we need to be particularly granular when talking about varieties of
> simplified English as most sites are going to only provide one simplified form
> (if any).

VoA has *three* levels of "Learning English" (as they call it).
See http://learningenglish.voanews.com/. I'm not sure which
CEFR levels they correspond to, and as yet have not been able
to find any description of the VoA levels, let alone a mapping.
(I'm sure an approximate mapping can be found, by someone familiar
with both systems.)

I've seen other (news) sites using multiple levels of "simple language",
e.g. http://www.newsinlevels.com/, which also has three levels.

/Kent K