Current requests

Luc Pardon lucp at skopos.be
Thu May 21 18:04:02 CEST 2015

On 21-05-15 16:38, Doug Ewell wrote:
> Luc Pardon wrote:
>
>> For the request under discussion, see:
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reintegrationism
>
> It sounds as though the primary use case for "gl-ao1990" would be to
> indicate, generally, Galician written with Portuguese orthographic norms
> as opposed to Spanish, rather than specifically indicating AO1990. Is
> that safe to say? Note that this isn't an argument against adding the
> prefix.

  No, that would be too general. There are actually (at least?) two
different "Portuguese" orthographies in use for writing Galician. AO1990
is only one of them, but it is the only one that I currently can provide
a solid use case for.

  It is also the one that I - as an outside & casual observer - would
expect to become the dominant one, if not the only one. So from that
perspective, yes, your statement would probably become correct over time.

  Luc Pardon