Registration request for new subtags for Portuguese orthographies

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sat Mar 21 18:40:36 CET 2015

Peter Constable scripsit:

> It's time for you to separate you role as
> facilitator on this list from your role of individual contributor.

Michael has but one role on this list, and that is Absolute Monarch.
His Majesty's coronation oath merely requires that he "willing to fairly,
responsively, and judiciously administer the registration process".
The rest of the list members (always excepting the Official Doug) are
merely his Privy Council, whose opinions he is well entitled to ignore.
That said, his is a despotism tempered by dynamite, as in _Utopia Ltd._;
there is always an appeal to the IESG.

In substance, however, I agree with you: these tags have been sufficiently
justified by the standards applied to other such orthographic reforms.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Eric Raymond is the Margaret Mead of the Open Source movement.
          --Bruce Perens, a long time ago