Apostrophes (was: Re: ISO 639-3 changes)

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sat Jan 31 20:56:43 CET 2015

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> According to TUS, U+02BC is preferred over U+2019 if the character
> in question is an actual letter of the orthography, which seems to
> be true here.

Absolutely.  But the ' in N'Ko is not part of N'Ko orthography, which
isn't even Latin; it's a transliteration convention.  In all other cases,
I agree that U+02BC is the Right Thing.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
'Tis the Linux rebellion / Let coders take their place,
The Linux-nationale / Shall Microsoft outpace,
We can write better programs / Our CPUs won't stall,
So raise the penguin banner of / The Linux-nationale.  --Greg Baker