'zg' not assigned (was: ISO 639-3 changes)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Jan 30 23:07:19 CET 2015

On January 19, I wrote:

> A greater problem is that the 639-3 data files, for the first time,
> include the alpha-2 code element 'zg' for Standard Moroccan Tamazight,
> which already has the alpha-3 code element and BCP 47 subtag 'zgh'.

After checking with the 639-3/RA, it appears the listing of [zg] was an
error. We have no actions to take or decisions to make at our end, and
the RA will issue corrected data files in the near future.

Thanks to Melinda Lyons and John Zagas for helping to get this ironed
out.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA | http://ewellic.org