Apostrophes (was: Re: ISO 639-3 changes)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sun Feb 1 02:34:44 CET 2015

We aren't talking about N'Ko here.

This mini-project is about languages that have click letters in their
names, which have heretofore been represented by ASCII fallbacks. Now
that we have opened the door for click letters with the addition of
ǂUngkue, we are going to go back and add additional (non-primary)
Description fields with the correct click letters. And while we're at
it, we're also going to put the proper apostrophe-like letters in the
new fields.

N'Ko already has an alternative Description field that differs only by
apostrophe type. It doesn't have click letters. We have no reason to
mess with it here.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA | http://ewellic.org ­